Friday, August 28, 2015

FO Friday

It has been a LONG time since I had one of these. I've been poking along on a number of larger projects, but here, for your finished-object perusal, is the Simple Pleasures Hat:
While the pattern is free here, the yarn was not. I made this hat for a friend's mom, who is going through both chemo and radiation cancer treatments. Of course it needs to be soft and comfortable and lightweight, so I went all out for the yarns: Jade Sapphires' Cashmere-Silk and Rowan's Kid Silk Haze. The color is actually a pale peach. (My house is blue, not the beige that shows up in this photo!)

I should mention that I just copied the store sample at The Knitting Tree.
After I finished the hat, I looked up the pattern on Ravelry, and I was astounded by the wide variety of yarns that people have used for this hat. It has to be one of the most versatile patterns ever!

It certainly makes an amazing chemo cap -- just saying, in case you know someone who needs one.

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! That yarn is wonderful and definitely has that extra special softness needed.I am sure it will be well loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn sounds perfect for someone that needs soft, soft, soft. Sending healing vibes to your friend. I hope her treatment goes easy and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice of you to make a hat for your friend's mom. I've been down that road, no chemo though, and it sure helps to know your friends are pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and so nice of you too! Good thing you mentioned the colours of the house and the yarn - I'm seeing the hat as a kind of cinnamon sugar toast colour on my monitor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hat and such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that yarn i'm sure is perfect to give someone a real lift.....can't get any more scrumptious than that!!! How very very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and just in time for fall. Certainly a gift the recipient will appreciate :) Thanks for linking up !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely hat! I am sure it will make someone a lovely gift! I just read your 'about me' - I also am a knitter and I taught in a SEN school for 6 years before moving to Canada a couple of years ago! It is amazing how many knitters teach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a lovely hat for someone who will appreciate the love you have put into it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful!! love the way it fits and slouches and you look adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a perfect chemo hat - looks lovely and lightweight and soft. nothing too clingy or itchy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the extra thoughtfulness of the softness...Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great hat! I knit chemo hats on and off through the year for a friend of mine (who lost her mom very abruptly to cancer) who runs a knitting group solely for making hats to donate for cancer patients. They are satisfying quick knits with the added benefit of knowing your bringing someone some comfort in a time of need. I'm sure your mom's friend will love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This hat looks great. I love that it works well in multiple yarns. I'm sure the softness you've chosen for this one, will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty hat and such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely thoughtful handknitted gift. The yarn choice is perfect.

    ReplyDelete