Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It's Almost Done, She Said Sheepishly

My Favourite Things Cowl is done except for the blocking! I love, love, love it! I need to block it and shoot some decent photos but I do want to share one of my favorite designs:
I adapted the sheep from a design I found somewhere (details to come with the FO post). I am quite happy with how they came out and inspired to adapt and make more of my own motifs.

If you are tempted to knit this cowl, do heed the warnings about how heavy the cowl is. You cast on 72 stitches and knit in the round for 5 feet -- in worsted weight! I suspect I'll mostly be wearing this outdoors. I guess that may be the one reason to enjoy the long winter we are experiencing here in Wisconsin; one to five inches of snow expected here today with temperatures plunging back into the single digits tomorrow!

Another good thing about this weather: I have a lot of work to do before the school year ends so I'm going to try to put in some long days before the weather improves!

Join me in Keep Calm Craft On with Nicole today!

15 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see the finished item - I love the sheepies and other parts you've shown us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been tempted to knit one for some time, it seems a bit overwhelming. can't wait to see yours all blocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's beautiful! I love the sheepies!!!! Can't wait to see this all blocked :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those sheep are too cute!
    That's really what they do - stand in line just 'staring' at you - don't you think?
    Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sheep are the best! I want to put them on everything. The cowl may be a bit heavy, but imagine being out in a cold commute or outdoor fieldtrip, you can distract yourself with all the cool things in the cowl and all the memories of making it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic finish. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, it is amazing! If you aren't wearing it, you can use it as a decoration as it is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sheep are fantastic. It is looking great.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5ft of worsted weight - well that will definitely keep you warm so! :) those sheep are looking mighty sharp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is one heck of a cowl! I loooooove those sheep, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sheep are just adorable! Love the colors! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cowl! I have plans to do a similar project at some future point!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful, can't wait to see all the FO photos when it's blocked

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that's so cute, I love the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see it in all it's glory. Love the sheep.

    ReplyDelete