Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Casting On for Traveling

Even though I have a huge number of projects on the needles (I probably can't even count high enough to figure out how many), I felt the need to start one more to have the perfect travel knitting. I am going to have a long trip down and back to Miami because I'm taking the bus to O'Hare Airport, and that's a three-hour bus ride!

I'd already decided to take my Trellis Socks -- I always travel with socks -- but I decided I needed variety so I cast on for this pattern:
Gladys is a hat pattern by Melissa LaBarre, designed for Quince & Co. I picked it up a while ago, and even bought the Quince & Co yarn, Chickadee. It's exactly the kind of hat I love, lacy and slouchy. The lace is fairly simple, so I think it'll be a good travel pattern.
Spring has hinted that it is getting closer. Yesterday morning I went for a lovely walk with friends. Lisa is an avid (and talented!) photographer, so I was inspired to whip out my iPhone, which really does take decent pictures. Still, I'd like to get back into using my Rebel SLR.

Tomorrow I'm off to Miami and my daughter. Spring break is awesome!

Don't forget to check in with Nicole for Keep Calm Craft On.

10 comments:

  1. Socks do make perfect travel knitting, but I find I also need a little variety. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo :)

    I like taking socks with me too, the hat pattern looks pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love to have my hands busy while traveling! Safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that lovely Miami weather! Safe happy knitting travels. !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip. It looks like your needles will be well occupied on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! Lovely pattern + lovely yarn = perfect travel knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love traveling crocheting/knitting! It gives the project a few extra memories too. :-) That looks like a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo. Your socks and the hat should keep you busy! Have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Travels and Happy Knitting!!!

    ReplyDelete