Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WIP: No SSS Here

Second Sock Syndrome that is:

I love the colors of this yarn so much that I cast on number 2 as soon as I kitchnered (that is a verb, right?) the first. Hermoine's Everyday Socks is the pattern. Super easy and goes quickly.

Half-way through a four-day week. Today was fun because we took a group of our 8th-graders over to the high school for a visit. I love this annual day because I always run into some former students. And they all love you when you are a former teacher. Sometimes it's sad. The first one I ran into this morning was wandering the halls during class -- clearly he's not faring well. But then I ran into Emma, one of my all-time favorites. A truly awesome young lady. Many hugs ensued.

Ten more days with students before summer vacation. I have mixed feelings. I always have a hard time saying goodbye, but I can't complain about having my days to myself!

Don't forget to check in with Tami Amis!

7 comments:

  1. Love your socks they will be so cheerful to wear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colorful stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our kids get out tomorrow! I can't believe the school year is all over already. Of course, it has been years since I had a kid IN school. My baby turned 31 this year. I hope the last 10 days go well and that you have a very happy summer vacation.

    The new sock is looking great. That is a very happy color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that yarn is awesome! And yes, "kitchenered" is a verb as far as I'm concerned :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love your rainbow socks. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet those eighth graders were so thrilled to be visiting the high school. Love your sock, I suffer from first sock syndrome.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. it should be a verb ;) Lovely colorway! I need to shop for new to me sock yarn one day soon, I've been knitting from the stash and the stash is old. The new stuff is so vibrant and fresh!!

    ReplyDelete