Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIP: Color!

I started these a while ago:

It is the start of my second pair of Hermoine's Everyday Socks, the free, viral pattern that has been popping up all over the Web. My friend Marsha knit a pair of these a few months ago, and I fell in love with the yarn -- Regia 4-ply, color 05048. Luckily, I ran into the yarn myself and snapped up two skeins.

My first Hermoine's were gifted, but I'm keeping these for myself. I need the color given the rarity of sunny days here. It's rain, rain, rain!

Only twenty more teaching days. Not that I'm counting! Actually, I have great kids this year and I am sad about saying good-bye to them in a month. However, I am looking forward to more time for family and creative pursuits. Besides, I got my list for next year, and it's looking like it is going to be, well, more challenging.

See what everyone else is working on with Tami Amis.

11 comments:

  1. That's a great color for that pattern.

    Keep knitting ......it will make that challenging year ahead a bit more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome socks!!! I cannot wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a lot of gloomy days where I am too...projects like those are always a good way to stay motivated. They look beautiful so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These socks are totally awesome! Can't wait to see the finished pair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you are counting, you are a teacher who puts in long days. I bet you are looking forward to a nice break so you can recharge your batteries for next year.

    Love the socks,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this pattern and must knit another pair as I gave them away as a gift. I love the happy colours of your yarn. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great colors -- happy socks. I love the Hermione's sock pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we'll I LOVE those colors. Joyful, cheerful and fun. My son is ending his first teaching year ! IM thrilled for him. He is working on summer plans. IM jealous of his schedule in the summer but not all year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that the yarn is creating such perfect stripes - we could all use a pop of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow those colours are wonderful! Love the way the yarn has striped. It works well with the pattern too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glorious colour :-) and it's a great pattern, you can see why it's gone viral

    ReplyDelete