Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WIP and Weather

(Excuse the sideways photo as I'm having wifi issues this morning!)

I will have an FO (finally!) Friday, and I have somehow resisted the urge to cast on something new. Instead, I returned to some holiday knitting I started a while ago:
Although you can't tell, at this point I've knit the bottom and sides of the slipper and have begun the instep. Not the most exciting knitting, but I think the finished product will be worth it. I'm hoping so. If these turn out to be as cute as they are in the photo, I plan to knit a bunch for gifts.

The weather this spring has been wet! But we had a beautiful day yesterday and I got on the bike for the first time since I broke my leg in April 2013!

I had grown absolutely terrified of biking -- and no, that's not how I broke my leg! I'm reasonably famous for being uncoordinated. Add to that the fact that breaking my leg made me aware of how fragile we all are. So, I am quite pleased with the 20-minute jaunt I took around my very hilly neighborhood. I need to build up my strength if I'm going to bike with my friends.

I also may need to learn to tolerate biking in the rain, as the rest of the week is forecast to be wet!

7 comments:

  1. I'm wanting to cast on more projects too, I've already got five on the go though so trying to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! I don't bike in the rain. My brakes don't work very well when wet.

    Your bike looks very nice. Hope you have a happy riding season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift they'd make, love the speckled yarn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the biking :) And on resisting a new project!
    I look forward to seeing the FO.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for you getting on the bike again, you will be up in time and milage in no time at all.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for getting back in (on?) the saddle :) And hooray for finishing up old WIPs. Now tell me about the pattern book ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. im a knitting PURE AND SIMPLE fan. THeir instructions are clear and great. Good job so far. Get back on that bike

    ReplyDelete