Sunday, May 25, 2014

FO: A Different Garden


I certainly whined enough about our cold, rainy spring that anyone who's been reading this will not be surprised that I spent much of that awful weather embroidering flowers since there were no real ones popping up.

I am quite happy with the shirt. I asked my daughter what she thought of it, and she said, "It looks like you."
"Is that a compliment or an insult?" I asked.
"Neither," she replied. "Just a fact."

Said daughter flew in for the weekend to celebrate Seth's graduation. At 26, he's earned his bachelor's degree in biology. He got there on a very unusual -- and for his mother, stressful -- path. But that just made the occasion more special. It was nice that my parents are able to celebrate with us. They played a huge role in my children's childhood, especially after I became a single mom

One of the things Rachel and I did was to take a walk in the Arboretum, where the lilacs are in glorious bloom.


7 comments:

  1. I think it's a GREAT shirt. You worked hard on that. There are a lot of stitches and it is beautiful.

    Oooooooooooooo, lilacs. They are my favorite flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like you and that means it looks fantastic! Congrats to you son, it gives me hope for both of mine, Mr 20 is meandering through school but training hard in the pool and my teenager has no idea what he wants to do.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shirt , I think it is you , suits you and is just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could smell the lilacs in the air today

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shirt is great - I thought it was bought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome shirt; I love it. Just figured out that you live in Madison; I grew up on the eastside of Milwaukee and graduated from UW-M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilac is just the most beautiful bloom, isn't it? The smell...oh!

    Congrats to your son, (and you!) for getting through the years of study. It's an achievement to be celebrated. :-)

    ReplyDelete