Friday, May 9, 2014

FO Friday: Not Quite Seasonal

I am thrilled to present "28's Cousin 53."

I just love this shawl. I don't always pick the right yarn for a particular project, but this time ... I did a great job (if I do say so myself). This pattern really lets the yellow yarn shine. I picked up the yarn a few years ago, but the Madison dyer is still in business: htNEVELE Designs on Etsy.

I wore it once, and then winter transformed instantly into summer and everyone had to scramble to get their summer clothes out of storage. I'll pack it away, where it will have to wait patiently for fall.

The pattern, a freebee by Lynn Ashton,  is pretty simple and would make a great first-lace project.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. You're right. The yarn and pattern are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT is a great FINISH!!! THanks for the yarn link

    ReplyDelete