Monday, March 3, 2014

A Good Excuse For Not Blogging

Yep, we've made it official.

Keith and I got married over the weekend! After 11 years, we're pretty sure this relationship is going to work out.

We had a very simple ceremony at the state Capitol on Friday, followed by dinner at a tapas restaurant for immediate family. On Saturday, we had a dessert reception with family and friends. The weekend went exactly as I had hoped: very casual and relaxed. 

I had a "big white" wedding the first time around and, well, clearly a big wedding does not guarantee a long marriage. This celebration was just right. The moments when Keith and I exchanged vows stand out as the most important part of the weekend. When he said his vows to me, I knew that he meant every word. As did I when I repeated them back.

Celebrating with family and friends and very little fuss was just right for Keith and me.

The feeling of celebration was enhanced by news we had had received in the weeks before the wedding: Both my children have been accepted into graduate programs. Seth will be attending veterinary school here in Madison; Rachel is deciding between two criminology programs in Florida.

For all of us, life has its bleak passages. It's important to savor the good times.


9 comments:

  1. Oh, what wonderful news! Best wishes to you and Keith. Sounds like just the right way to tie the knot, too. Congrats to your kids on their acceptances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and many happy years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! What an exciting time for you both and for your children - I wish them both the best of luck with graduate school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations! What a stately and elegant backdrop for your vows. You both look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What lovely news! Glad you had a wonderful weekend to celebrate your commitment to each other. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both. Sounds like a wonderful way to do it - the dessert reception is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and Keith! May you have many, many happy days of celebration ahead of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete