Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Low Mojo

I started this on December 19, when the bulk of a long and very cold winter was ahead of me:
This is actually the second in a pair of leg warmers. I raced through the first one. Les Cables de Faux is an easy pattern and I knew I'd have lots of opportunities to wear leg warmers. Leg warmers, like scarves, can feel endless, though. Once I started the second one, my mojo evaporated and the whole project sat around for for a couple months. Maybe I would have been more motivated had I known exactly how long and cold this winter was going to be.

I came across it when I was whipping through my pre-wedding cleaning. At that point, I had only done the cuff and a few rows of the pattern. I would like to be able to have this one wrapped up -- I don't see myself wanting to knit legwarmers in July -- but I'm really struggling to stay focused on it!

Are there any projects you've really had to push yourself to finish?

Don't forget to see more WIPs at Tami Amis' blog.

12 comments:

  1. Must say the stitch pattern looks intriguing and the gray is lovely, but I can imagine it is not a nice job to knit legwarmers during Summer.
    Regarding unfinished projects.... don't start;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that exactly why i have so many going….lose the love? it gets tossed aside!!! (leg warmers and afghans---not fun in July. Much more fun in November!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very pretty pattern.

    The only project I've ever really had to push myself through was Steve's big blanket. And then what did I do when I finished? I started another one! Yep ---- another heapin' helping of crazy pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get like that when I'm about 3/4 through a blanket - so much done so much still to go before its finished. It's even worse if it's not cold out, knits and cold just go perfectly together

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had to push myself to finish every single blanket that I start! I get really fed up with them about a 1/3rd of the way through. And right now I'm slogging through sleeves on a raglan pullover .... I just want it to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh but it is gorgeous. Finishing a second anything gets to me these days.. I knit shawls, hats and scarves….but one year I thought all I'd knit was socks….so year to year it changes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I push myself through almost all of my projects... none but hats seem to be relatively painless, I always lose steam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yes. Many times the second sock syndrome will hit me hard. i hardly enjoy the second sock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wonderful prizes arrived yesterday. I LOVE THE orange yarn so very much! Thanks for Lynn and the yummy chocolate. What a way to start 2015. Thank you kindly. I really love it all

    ReplyDelete
  10. THe] shrug on my site is the BONNIE JACOBS shrug on Raverly!! I think the pattern is just a few dollars. I am home but i Was away for the week so Im sorry for the delayed response

    ReplyDelete
  11. I WILL meet you in madison soon! i promise. !! The day just flew by yesterday. it was wonderful to be in your town!

    ReplyDelete