Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Travel Supplies

Just a quickie as we are flying to Montreal tomorrow -- given no problems with airline, weather, etc...

Of course, the most important things to pack are knitting and reading. I'm bringing a simple sock project using Plymouth Happy Feet Splash, which is a really fun yarn.  I decided to keep it simple because we're going to Montreal and Quebec City, so I think we'll be pretty busy.
I'm thinking of taking Slade House by David Mitchell. I'm going to read the beginning tonight and see how it works for me. I have a couple books on my Kindle, too, so I'll find something.

On Audible, The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson is ready to go. First, though, I have about an hour left of Dead Wake, a nonfiction account of the sinking of the Lusitania, which I highly recommend. The ship was sunk early in the war (World War I) so it works nicely with the Simonson book. Besides, I just loved Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, Simonson's first book. If you haven't read that, I highly recommend it.

Do check in with Ginny on Wednesday for Yarn Along. I will try to link up via my phone.

5 comments:

  1. I love Montreal and Quebec City. Lots of great memories with the kids there. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous time. I love your sock yarn pick for the trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to The Summer Before the War and LOVED IT! What a fantastic book! I will have to queue up Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. Thank you for the recommendation! Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful (and safe) trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip! You are sure getting around this summer! I recently read Dead Wake; I really like his books. Happy sight seeing, reading, and knitting!

    ReplyDelete