Thursday, August 18, 2016

Airports are for Knitting

Our trip home from Canada went smoothly -- outside of the fact that we flew through Toronto, which is not our favorite airport -- so I finally got some knitting done. I'm on the  heel flap of the first sock. I'm still loving this Happy Feet yarn.
The reason for so little knitting was sketching:

 Quebec City is definitely more charming than Montreal, but I still like Montreal the best. It has a cosmopolitan vibe and an amazing art scene. I'd move there if I could!

See how happy Keith and I are?
It's probably because we had a piece of this:
If you haven't had Maple Syrup Pie yet, you must buy a ticket to Quebec immediately. It's kind of like pecan pie with no pecans and maple syrup flavor. In otherwords, it's amazing.

I haven't read blogs for a week, so I'll be catching up over the next few days. I've been thinking of you all and wondering how you are faring!

12 comments:

  1. We stayed at the Chateau with all the kids once. It was quite an experience with our little herd of ruffians among all the posh people. Your sketch is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow! I would be all OVER that pie! LOL

    You are an amazing artist. I love your sketch of the Chateau Frontenac! That is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Montreal too!! Don't know how I missed the pie though! And your sketches are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been great fun catching up on your news: fun with a dear friend in CA, practicing your lovely art, selling some of your jewelry, and enjoying sweet pie with your sweetheart :) I hope you will feel recharged when you head back to school! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO TALENTED as a sketcher! I am in awe of your talent :) I love your yarn and the name of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drawings are so incredible! I think you should trek back to Pittsburgh this fall, Mount Lebanon is having a Plein Air Art competition this fall!

    Also, that pie... oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so happy you are having a great time together. Your art is wonderful.
    Faring well here. Waiting on the go ahead for the movers...impatient, a bit worried and feeling silly about it. a gorgeous cleansing rain just fell and dropped the humidity and temps for a bit. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maple Syrup Pie is just reason #10039282 I love Canada. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a fabulous vacation! Makes me want to hop on a plane and head to Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's been YEARS since we were in Montreal and QUebec (we honeymooned there!)...fond memories, but I'm sure so much has changed; reason to return, right? I'm ready to take you up on that.....buy a ticket to eat that pie....suggestion! So glad your trip was wonderful. Yes. Two very happy campers in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deborah, you are so kind and lovely oh and did I mention talented? That you for taking us along on your lovely trip. You are the best,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are right, airports are made for knitting.
    Although your beautiful sketches looks like they would make for a great airport activity. Just beautiful.
    Now I need a ticket to Canada to get some of that pie!

    ReplyDelete