Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Slow Going But Beautiful

After working in middle schools for 11 years, high school is a breath of fresh air -- and a poses a sharp learning curve. My head is just spinning! My high school is large -- about 2,200 students -- and I have so many people to keep track of and so many new procedures.
All of which is a way to say there hasn't been a lot of knitting. I am just too tired when I get home! But I have been making slow progress on Granola. It is a Tin Can Knits pattern, so it's very well-written. I haven't done cables in years, but these are easy ones and it doesn't take long to get back the hang of it. I'm using Sun Valley Fibers yarn in a wine-type color that doesn't show up real well here. How about you, Judy? Have you started yours?

I'm still reading The Harder They Fall by T.C. Boyle. It's dark but compelling.

And thanks to all you bloggers who raved about The Summer Before the War. I'm listening to it on Audible, and it is fabulous. I highly recommend the audio version.

I'll be joining up with Ginny to Yarn Along.

12 comments:

  1. I am glad to read that you are enjoying your new school :)
    Your sock looks great, I love the colour.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it hard to find time to knit and the energy to knit when you work. that's a pretty sock, (i thought it was a glove at first, before reading the other comment) i really like the color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you are enjoying The Summer Before the War! I have been doing some Ravelry searches on a new sweater to cast on and I have narrowed it down - I am going to swatch and see what comes up the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pattern is really beautiful. You picked a perfect color to show off the cables and lacy bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty sock pattern! 2,200 students? Yikes! I can't even......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting sock pattern, will look forward to seeing how it knits up xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Granola looks great and I love the color you are using. It is difficult to find time to knit when you work full time. And teaching! What an under-appreciated career (most of the time).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine that color being any more gorgeous!! Lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That yarn looks magnificent. Great color and squishy! I really have been out of the reading. I love living through your book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's going to be a very pretty sock! All I did is download the pattern; I'm working away on a sweater I started many moons ago. The good news is the second sleeve is coming along well. Now I need to go check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Granola is very pretty...color and pattern! You are a brave reader. I am reading a novel set in Nantucket, about three sisters who in their retirement buy and run a bed and breakfast...a little broken romance, a secret room, and exploring a bit of Nantucket history so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Granola is going to be wonderful. Your stitches are even. Happy New School!

    ReplyDelete