Sunday, August 14, 2016

Bon Jour from Montreal

I just love this city! It has charm and history, art and great food. Not to mention great coffee.
I have been too busy sightseeing and sketching to knit much. The sketch here depicts a corner in Montreal's old city. The coffee is from Second Cup, a Canadian chain that makes a flawless latte.
Keith and I have spent hours wandering the old town.
You can't miss the Cathedral of Notre Dame. (I can't speak French, let alone write it!)
We have had crepes, but not Poutine.
An exhibit about Pompeii at the Musee des Beaux Arts was moving, especially the casts of bodies, made from impressions in the ash.

Yep, we are having a good time!

9 comments:

  1. How nice. I've only been to Montreal once, when I was about fourteen years old, but I remember really enjoying it. I hope to go back someday. My husband's aunt, who is American, lived in Montreal for about thirty years and raised her children there. She was back in the US by the time I knew her but I enjoy talking to her about her time in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Canada - but would love to go some time! It all looks so lovely (and yummy)!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous!!!! It's one of my favorite places in the world. Your sketch is top notch! You really captured the charm of the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely time you are having! And, the coffee looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU LOOK beautiful . OH my gosh I LOVE your photo. I cant wait for us to meet this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look really well and seems like you are having a great time - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's so beautiful! I want to go! Your sketch looks REALLY good. My husband and I have Montreal on the list. And from your description and photos, it shall stay! Eat well, knit happy have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like such a beautiful place! I love your sketch, its awesome! I have to practice more sketching and doodling. I'm drooling over the crepes (one of my favs).

    ReplyDelete