Friday, January 1, 2016

A Sort-Of New Year's Day

 January 1st doesn't really feel like New Year's Day to me because I had Jewish New Year back in September.  Being a teacher reinforces this feeling that the year begins in September. Nonetheless, I am having a lovely day. It started with a quiet cup of coffee and working on my Guernsey Wrap:
Mid-morning I headed out with some friends for a walk at Indian Lake Park outside of Madison. It was snowy and beautiful and not too cold. Afterward we had a potluck lunch together. And tonight I'm having both my family and Keith's over for a very casual dinner.

Rachel never was a fan of winter, and now that she's lived in Miami for 18 months, she's struggling with our very mild winter. As a result, there are blankets scattered about the house. Which Naji appreciates:
I hope you are having a lovely January 1. May we all have a healthy and happy 2016.

12 comments:

  1. It is so hot here, she hasn't even experienced Fall yet! Have a wonderful time with your family.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wrap looks wonderful! I love the changing Guernsey patterns. The weatehr here is nice too with snow, sun and warmer temps then we usually get in MN in January. Sounds like you took good advantage of it. Your cat looks pleased as punch to be cuddled up in those blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hasn't really been cold here but my house is covered in kitty and doggie blankets. I can't stop buying fleece at Joanne's to make them especially when it is always half price. Your wrap is still making me twitch with the desire to cast one on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that wrap but have only downloaded the pattern, so you are WAY ahead of me. Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year!! I have a Rachel as well ( I might have told you that already so forgive my lapse in memory). I am enjoying Station Eleven (finally!) after dedicating 2 hours during the day when I don't fall asleep. Getting old is rough....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh i love your guernsey !!!! i love naji

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I am loving the wrap! Great pattern. xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! We've got blankets scattered around too. Tomorrow is an extreme cold advisory which I'm seriously not liking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naji is adorable. She looks so cute snuggled in blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to celebrate, even if you don't really celebrate. Haha. I love you kitty, and that wrap. Lovely color.

    Hope this year brings lots of bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! Beautiful Guernsey + Coffee + Cat. I'm sold. Hehe, smiley post for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness, your cat looks like mine! And your Gansey is much further along than mine too!

    ReplyDelete