Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Slow Knitting; Fast Reading

It has been a full week since I blogged, but I have been trying to read your posts. My apologies for those of you I have missed; it is a super busy time at work. I've been at school from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. or later.  And, because Keith is skiing in Wyoming for the week, we had a real snowfall Monday night. I love snow, and I like shoveling the sidewalks -- but not on such a tough work week! Yes, I am a wimp!

I have done a little more on my Winter Ridge Poncho. The rounds are long and slow! But the yarns are so beautiful. I'll take a photo in natural light over the weekend so you can see for yourself.
Please excuse the flash photo. I'm never home in daylight.
I put Savage Girl aside after I stumbled on The Short, Strange Life of Herschel Grynszpan when I was selling books at Half Price. It's the true story of a 17-year-old boy who shot a Nazi diplomat at the embassy in Paris in 1938. Hitler used the incident to set off the night of attacks on Jews knows as Kristallnacht. It is a heartbreaking and gripping narrative.

I'm joining at Ginny for Yarn Along.

18 comments:

  1. I'm envious you're knitting a poncho. I've started some but end up frogging them for one reason or another. I'll be excited to watch the progress on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those yarns do look beautiful! That sounds like a good book - I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks the the yarn for the poncho has a really beautiful drape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty poncho but curling up with a good book on a cold winter day trumps knitting anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poncho is looking nice. I can't wait for there to be more light in the days so picture taking is easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to finish my current projects so I can start on a poncho before it's summer. Sheesh! xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes when I get to the long rows it feels hypnotic. Glad you switched to a book that is worth your time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty poncho. Long rows slow me down too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh I bet those rows on your poncho are super long, it's knitting up nicely though so I'm sure it will be worth it when it's finished

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking gorgeous! Can't wait for longer days -- better for photography AND everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The poncho is looking good. Your book sounds really interesting, but I can't do heartbreaking right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an interesting book! (Half Price books is a dangerous place...I seldom come home empty handed!) Love your poncho; it will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book sounds incredibly sad and interesting!! I love what you are knitting, so pretty!!! and if your busy we are here whenever you get the moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never really been able to get into holocaust books, but I am glad you are enjoying it. Take some time this weekend to sit back and relax - you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poncho looks great! Perfect for winters in WI. I understand the busy week. My husband was sick and I had to work late. The snowfall we had earlier this week, I shoveled at midnight. During the school year, it is so hard to find time for everything. You are doing a great job balancing :) I am amazed by my son's kindergarten teacher and how much she does for the class. So thank you from a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of that book, but I think I'm going to try to track it down...sounds quite interesting. Love the poncho.....happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you can catch a few moments of peace this weekend, knit, knit, knit my friend.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute floral blancket :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete