Monday, April 6, 2015

More Socks; More Florida


Monogamous knitting doesn't make for very exciting blogging, but this is what I have.
I'm not thrilled with the dark stripes. Should I have seen that coming from the skein? I'm not very good at translating the color changes in a skein into how they'll look in a sock.  The trip home from Florida Sunday was long, so at least I made some progress on the sock.

On Saturday, Rachel and I went to South Beach, and it's even more beautiful than I expected. The Art Deco architecture is stunning:
And the beach is so beautiful. The water is a gorgeous turquoise.
The food in Miami in amazing. We ate Peruvian, Venezuelian, and, of course, Cuban. But it is SO hot -- and it's only April! I cannot imagine what it's like in July.

And best of all, I spent the day with my daughter!
Today I'll be back at work. It's going to be a tough transition so I'm going to make pancakes for our homeroom. It's the first day of fourth quarter, so I'm hoping that a surprise with help all of us get off to a good start!

Don't forget to see what everyone is up to at Frontier Dreams.

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow look at that beach *sigh*

    Your socks look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good teacher!!! :) I do like the socks...hate, though, when I'm thrown a surprise (or two or three)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... that beach is beautiful !!! Were you knitting under the palapas???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time! well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great vacation and hopefully it will warm up here in Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun holiday! I like the socks, but it is a bit of a gamble with self-striping yarn. Sometimes the surprises are good, sometimes not so good!
    I love Art Deco too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beach looks fab and I like the stripey socks - love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got some yarn that's doing the same thing. It looks almost solid in the skein but there are distinct stripes in the sock. I've learned the hard way to check finished projects on Ravelry to see what the stuff is going to do....but that only works if I haven't already lost the ball band.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fabulous trip! Send some of that sunshine this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Florida is atrocious int eh summer, sort of like opening a hot oven with a lot of humidity every time you open the door to go outside. You get used to it, well sort of. So glad you had a wonderful time with your beautiful girl.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a fun vacation. We love to visit Florida when it is rainy here only this year, the rain followed us around.?

    ReplyDelete