Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bitten by the Beading Bug

Every now and then, I get this undeniable urge to bead. Lately, I was inspired by this pattern, which came from Beadwork's Quick + Easy Special Issue, Winter 2015.
I have mixed feelings about spending time on other people's designs. I really like to work on original designs, but sometimes I just love other people's designs so much that I jump in. Then I get into a run where I want to try a design in various colors. Unfortunately, the accent beads on this bracelet are brown, even though they look red in the photos.
And we finally had a spring weekend here! As you can see from this photo of the bike path I take to work, it doesn't look much like spring yet. The trees haven't really begun to bud.
After getting out on my bike for three days in a row, I am tired and sore -- but in a good way. It was a good but busy weekend. I went to a dinner/discussion on race relations in Madison on Friday evening. Met a friend Saturday morning and then went on to do a bunch of errands on my bike. Saturday afternoon, I cooked and cleaned so that I could host all our Madison relatives for brunch on Sunday morning. Then this afternoon, I went out to lunch with friends and then to my sketching group. Of course, we ate and sketched outside.

Saturday night, Keith and I watched a few episodes of House of Cards on Netflix. Do you watch? I am not liking the third season as much as the first two. Did you know that On The Media does a podcast about the show? Sadly, they agree with me.

How was your weekend?


7 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely bike path. I wish our paths ran closer to my house. I would love to do errands on my bike more often.

    Love your new bracelet. Looks sort of tribal.

    Yes .............a/c is on here for the foreseeable future. It was 93 today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't watched that show yet, but now I'm cautious.. Love that spring has arrived for you and you were busy in a good good way. We were out taking advantage of the warm weather with walks, outings and just being outside when we could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the beaded bracelet is incredible! Thank you for the visit to my blog, too. It's nice to see what's going on out there in the world of creative people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to see that show, it is on my list for this summer. I LOVE that bracelet, it is such a beauty. Glad Spring has Sprung.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch that one. Loved your cycling weekend. Hosting brunch is fun. I d
    Should do that soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beadwork, I like both colour combos.

    Looks like you have a great space to bike around too, lucky! Enjoy the coming Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beadwork, I like both colour combos.

    Looks like you have a great space to bike around too, lucky! Enjoy the coming Spring :)

    ReplyDelete