Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dreaming of Casting On

I have a problem with casting on. It's kind of like chocolate for me. I just can't get enough!

Except, I can. I have an insane number of FOs lounging around the house. I really should ban all casting on until I get caught, but that's not going to happen!

I bought this book a while ago, and I've been drooling over the sock patterns lately.  Finally I decided I could plan which pattern I'm going to knit first and which yarn I'm going to use:

I'm hoping this will satisfy some of my cast-on cravings for a while.

If you haven't seen this book -- or it's siblings -- I highly recommend them as eye candy. Eventually I'll be able to tell you whether the patterns are easy to follow -- but not yet!

I'll be linking up today with Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm Cast On.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, those socks on the cover look indeed yummy :-) and so does your yarn! I know, casting on is a little bit addictive. Same with Shopping for yarn and beautiful pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book and it's siblings on my wish list.

    that is beautiful yarn, and should make amazing socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's quite an intricate pattern. It will be fun watching it take shape for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got startitis too and I don't care! Im off to find wool for my next shawl.
    I LOVE your purple yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! I'm feeling cast on crazy too. hehe. Somehow socks always work their way in. Somehow sock knitting justification is really a remarkable thing. The book looks lovely. I'm aiming for two at a time this summer, no really!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drool over basically all of Hunter's designs but don't seem to get many on the needles or finished. I really need to change that but I often find the patterns to be a little too fiddly than what I want, sometimes, so they don't get made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen this book. I'll have to take a look for it. Great choice of colour for your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks are gorgeous, and I LOVE that yarn. Have fun with your new book.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate; I'm much better at casting on than finishing, that is for sure! Love the sock pattern on the cover; it looks hard though.

    ReplyDelete