Sunday, June 30, 2013

The End Of Monogamy

Seeing as I'm almost done with a pair of socks -- and I'm over the halfway point with my Garland Shawl -- I decided it was time to cast on something new.

This is the Ericka Scarf from Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders, a book I just happen to own. It's an easy 2-row pattern -- perfect for traveling. I chose this pattern because it's portable and it can be done on circular needles. In a couple weeks I'll be heading for Spain, and I don't want TSA to take away my knitting!

I spent quite a while on Ravelry, reading about other people's experiences with flying to Europe. It sounds like the folk in the EU are stricter than in the US. If anyone has any advice for me, feel free! I haven't been to Europe since 1985. (Yes, I am that old.)

The yarn, which is so yummy, is Manos Del Uruguay Alegria. It was an impulse buy at a LYS. I hope it doesn't pool, but the colors are so beautiful that I'm not sure pooling would ruin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment