Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Very Dramatic Colors

My latest piece of original jewelry:

Don't those colors just pop? I love the way the whole piece came together.

These are not "my" colors. I tend to stay with the traditional jewel colors, which is a mistake. Working with a different palette is fun. It's also got to be a good business decision. It's not like the whole world shares my taste!



This piece was inspired by the beautiful glass disk beads I found on Etsy. They are handmade by Patty Miller of CabariBeads. She does beautiful work in metal as well as glass. I'm quite sure I'll be ordering more from her!

BTW, the piece will be up in my Etsy store later today. Just saying.

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors in the bracelet. Your header's new too, isn't it. I love the colors in it, as well, of course, that is because you have pink figured prominently with that great skein of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my colours either - but I'm sure there's someone who'll be mad for it :) It is fascinating to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wish I had the eye for color that you do, it looks so well coordinated and super pretty! You definitely have a talent for this work and I cannot wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in this bracelet! You are so right, too, about working in other palettes other than our own preferences.

    ReplyDelete