Saturday, June 1, 2013

Back to Embroidery


Last summer I was on an embroidery tear. I just couldn't stop! Some of you may remember that I started buying denim clothing at thrift shops. The used quality of the clothes freed me up to play around and make mistakes.

 Recently, I pulled out a Tencel jacket that I'd picked up at Goodwill and decided to incorporate more beads on this garment.

I really like the way it's turning out. However, I slipped it on and learned the hard way that Tencel is not as strong as denim: I'm worried that the embroidered parts are too heavy! I think I'll finish with just thread and see if I have to take out some of the beads.

3 comments:

  1. When I was in school in the late seventies (I know, I know, how old does that make me!) my best friend embroidered from the cuff to the knee on her bell-bottom jeans. Seeing your embroidery brings back all kinds of memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused and daunted just looking at embroidering, it looks so difficult! But add in beads, I'm super impressed! I love your aesthetic, it is fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is looking so beautiful. I love the pattern

    ReplyDelete