Sunday, June 9, 2013

Ready, Set, Swift!

My main goal for this evening is to swift (is that a verb?) this skein of yarn:

My Spring Green skein from Knitted Wit arrived Saturday, just in time for the Monday cast-on for KAL of Michelle's Garland Shawl. Michelle designed the Zen Rain Shawlette, which is one of my most-worn shawlettes. It's pretty and versatile and just plain easy to wear.

Garland looks like it has all of those same qualities -- plus, it has an intriguing architecture: You knit it from end to end, the long way. It also incorporates beads -- something I've wanted to add to my knitting for a while. There are two versions of the shawl; I'm going for wide and shallow.

I ordered this colorway of Lorajean's Cashy Lite (80/10/10 Merino/Cashmere/Nylon, 495 yards). It's my first taste of Knitted Wit yarn and I have to tell you that it is smooshy!

It's not too late to join us. Believe it or not, this is the first KAL I've ever done. Michelle writes great patterns. Dive into your stash or hit the yarn store tomorrow -- and cast on with me!

2 comments:

  1. It can be a verb if you want it to me, I'll back you up on that : )
    That is going to make the loveliest shawl, I'm excited to see how it goes! Good luck with your first KAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always knit such beautiful scarves. I'm tempted to join the KAL, but considering that I'm still working on the same socks I started over a month ago, it's unlikely that I'll follow through with even starting something new.

    ReplyDelete