Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's All About Resolutions

Yesterday, I found Keith perusing a Web site for small houses -- and by small, I mean less than 500 feet! Yes, there is such a thing. Go ahead and check out the link. These houses are adorable, but small is an understatement. Keith says there would be no room for my stash, but plenty of room for his bikes.

I am with him in spirit. I would really like to own less, live more simply. Why is it so hard to do? I've been working on cleaning out my craft room. I know I would be more creative if the space was less cluttered. Yet, I keep finding myself reorganizing rather than culling.

And if there is one thing I do not need more of, it is yarn! I've been on a yarn diet for about 18 months, and that has slowed my acquisition. However, I'm a slow knitter and I suspect I'm still buying more yarn that I'm knitting.

I recently bought the yarn above: Road to China Light. This is an amazingly soft blend of alpaca, cashmere, camel and silk. It's for a specific gift. But that is the last yarn I'm buying. For the foreseeable future, I'm only purchasing yarn to finish projects I've started.

I know, I know: You've heard this before!

Happy new year.

3 comments:

  1. We're considering a move to an 800 sq ft house, hence my inspiration to work through my stash and simplify my crafting. I really do mean it when I say that I hope to have only sock yarn someday - so much prettiness in a little package :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm aiming to do the same, use it or lose it and no more yarn buying until I am noticeably lower in the stash department!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you figure out the solution to purging the studio, let me know. I don't know any artist who doesn't have too much stuff! thanks for stopping by my blog...

    ReplyDelete