Monday, January 7, 2013

There Was Knitting, Too


There are few things that are cozier than curling up on the couch in a cabin in the North Woods and knitting -- so, of course, I did so. I was the only knitter on the trip, but my friends are all avid readers and we had lovely hours of sipping coffee and tea while we read or knit.

I finished the first Rib Fantastic sock from Knitting Socks With Handpainted Yarn by Carol Sulcoski. I'm pretty sure I started this in 2010. These are knit from an unknown colorway of Socks That Rock mediumweight. I put this project aside because I didn't like the heavier weight. But when I stumbled on this project at the bottom of my knitting basket, I found that I liked it after all. The thicker weight will be perfect inside of winter boots.

And one last memory of my trip before I return to the real world:

2 comments:

  1. Good looking sock! Thin socks are generally most comfortable in shoes, but thick socks are great for in boots and around the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great trip! Glad you had fun, and knitting!

    ReplyDelete