Friday, January 25, 2013

Yarn For My Crayon Box

These are the yarns that I'm using for my Crayon Box. I started with the variagated yarns on top -- Lion Brand Tweed Stripes. I saw the red Mixed Berries color at Joanne Fabrics, and just fell in love with it. I decided to go with a palette of contiguous colors, from red, through purple, to blue.

Since the Tweed Stripes is machine washable, I decided to go with Cascade 220 Superwash for the solids. 

I'm not sure if I like the Tweed Stripes yarn next to the red. I'll have to see how it goes. It was more blue on the outer layer. As I use it, I'm seeing greens and oranges -- not really what I wanted.

It's a bitter cold Friday evening, so I'm simmering a big pot of beef barley soup -- perfect comfort food! I hope your weekend is full of comforts!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely colours. I always make the mistake of making things too matchy-matchy so I won't presume to give you any advice about colours :)

    A big pot of soup sounds heavenly. In fact, it sounds like the perfect plan for today! Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete