Monday, January 21, 2013

Rejected

I
I have to say that I am enjoying having a three-day weekend, seeing as today is a federal holiday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. At the same time, as a teacher, it seems to me like we could honor the man better if we had school and learned about him and the Civil Rights Movement. Oh, well. No one ever asks me.

The high temperature today is forecast to be 7 degrees F, so one of my goals is to spend the entire day in my house. I'm planning to mostly cook and knit.

As for the title and photo: I submitted this 4-by-4 inch canvas to a Reader Challenge from one of the great craft magazines out there, Cloth Paper Scissors. My work wasn't chosen for publication. Sigh. However, I do have a major spread coming out in another magazine. I'll let you know when it hits the newsstands!

5 comments:

  1. Very exciting about a spread in another magazine! That's pretty awesome.

    I need to poke around and catch up on your blog. Have been missing looking at your lovely stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so creative! I'll be excited to see your spread when it's published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your canvas. Congrats on your magazine spread, can't wait to hear more and see it.

    Regarding cotton yarn hurting your hands-- I have that same problem with some types of cotton, but I've found the DK weight isn't painful for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thrilled for you and can't wait to see it. Won't you give us any more clues?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a fantastic canvas, ...and congrats on your soon-to-be-published work!

    ReplyDelete