Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Can You Stand Another Ida?

The monogamous knitting continues! Here is the latest Ida's Kitchen hat, knit again in Berocco Ultra Alpaca Lite.

Why so many of these? Next week I'm going Up North with some friends, where we hope to spend a lot of time cross country skiing. I'm planning to pull out my pile of Ida Kitchens and let my friends pick one if they want.

In the meantime, I'm luxuriating in the first week of winter break. My daughter Rachel is home for the whole week, so we have been shopping and movie-going and playing Set. This is her first year out of college, so it's the first year she hasn't been home for a month at the holiday time. I have kept my schedule very open so I can spend as much time as possible with her.

I've seen a lot less of Seth, who goes to school right here in Madison. He is planning to apply to vet school next fall, so he has been busy volunteering at the zoo, the Humane Society, and a local veterinarian's office.

My job is really hard, but I have to admit that the breaks are nice!

3 comments:

  1. How lovely to spend week after week with your daughter! You both must be really loving that! I love the colours in this Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this special time with your daughter, Deborah. And may 2013 hold many, many wonderful blessings for you. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing what knitting projects will be waiting to be placed on your needles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really sweet of you and this is really pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete