|My Free Your Fade is coming along. Those bright cranberry stripes will be balanced eventually by bright blue stripes.|
|The Knit Circus yarn is so much fun to work with.|
I have to also mention S-Town from This American Life. This one starts out a bit slow, but it develops into quite a story. Missing Richard Simmons is entertaining, too.
|This is a scrappy hat. It was supposed to be a stash-buster, but it didn't use up much yarn. I think I need to find a scrappy sweater!|
I listen to a few podcasts on a regular basis:
- On Point, from WBUR
- On the Media, with Brooke Gladstone
- This American Life
- The Daily, from the New York Times
|Nagi likes a good nap on a hot afternoon.|
- An American Marriage, by Tayari Jones. This is a stunning debut about a young, affluent African-American couple and what happens when the husband is imprisoned for a crime he did not commit.
- Killers of the Flower Moon, by David Grann. This book details the mysterious murders of wealthy Osage tribe members in the 1920s, as well as the roots of the FBI.
- Prairie Fires, by Caroline Fraser. I know I mentioned this before, but I have to sing its praises one more time. This is a biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder that also tells the story of the settling of the Great Plains. It is as riveting as any novel.
You can find any of the podcasts by googling them or in the Apple Store.
Do share your favorite listens!