Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Starting Again

Not long ago, I mentioned that I had had to frog a very simple hat twice. Well, I think the third time might be the charm. The hat is looking right this time around. 
I've been working on it while listening to The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin, which is about the lives and relationship of Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft. It's a very good book, but it's taken me months to get through, seeing as the Audible version is more than 30 hours!

Since I'm in the mood for Teddy, Keith and I have started watching the Ken Burns documentary on the two Roosevelt presidents. It's also quite good.

As for traditional reading, I'm making my way through Virginia Woolf's first novel, The Voyage Out, and I am enjoying it. It's not a page-turner by any stretch of the imagination. I have to approach it like I would a long Victorian novel.

And I'll close with a picture of our fast-growing kitten, Kola, who always sleeps with us.

Joining up with Kat for Unraveled Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. Cute kitty. Love those big ginger eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kola looks so regal in that pose. You have a little bed lion!!!

    I love the color you are using for the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the hat yarn? I love the color. Cute kitty! Have you read The Presidents' Club?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way the yarn is striping - for sure the third time is the charm. And since you don't shy away from long books, I definitely think you should try 4 3 2 1!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love how that yarn is working up! And, I am with Mary - 4 3 2 1 is wonderful and I think you would love it! (Also, what a darling "bedmate"!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think the hat will be lovely once finished, I love the colors.

    Doris Kearns Goodwin is one of my faves, both as a writer and a person.

    That kitty is so adorable - I wish I could give her a kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed he Roosevelt documentaries, too. I learned a lot.

    Kola looks like a sweet kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your hat is a GO this time.
    I wish FIREMAN would let our cats sleep with us. ...sigh No cats upstairs

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hat is looking great! aw Kola is so cute! I hope the Voyage is interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i enjoyed the Roosevelt documentary also! Your kitten is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. three is a charm! I hope it goes as you expect. Kola is adorable and looks so different already. I should watch those documentaries...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the hat. Kola is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hurrah for a project that finally works! Hope it is still going well. And Kola is growing into a fine looking kitty.

    ReplyDelete