Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Unravelling on a Wednesday

I did some unravelling in the past week, in fact. For the second time I unravelled a fingering-weight hat. It is the most basic hat possible but I just keep making mistakes. In the last round, I forgot to change to larger needles after finishing the ribbing for the brim. Argh!
My ZickZack scarf is going to take forever, but I am so happy with the way the colors are playing together that I don't mind. Of course, I haven't been working on it very long. We'll see how I feel six months from now!

I'm almost done with NeuroTribes, which is about the history and current state of autism. It's well-written and very interesting, especially for a special ed teacher who has a nephew with autism. It is also painful at many points. People who are not "normal" have not been treated well for much of history.

Next up is The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf. I've found myself drawn back into her work. I haven't read this one before. It's an early, less "modernist" novel than Mrs. Dalloway or To the Lighthouse.


Joining with Kat for Unraveled Wednesday. Come along for the ride!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love how those two skeins are playing together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ZickZack yarns are just beautiful together! I'll look forward to seeing their colors unfold, however long it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the zick zack!! Bummer about the hat and the ripping out. I probably will be ripping out a sweater I did not swatch for, but I'm okay with that. The book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZickZack is going to be stunning. You selected the perfect skeins for this knit.

    I've never been a fan of Virginia Woolf; perhaps I need to look at earlier works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iv'e been unsettled with my knitting this week . Not sure why. If I get to the yarn shop today I'll likely feel inspired and ready to carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I just LOVE the way your scarf is turning out. Awesome color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your ZickZack scarf so far! the colors look great together and love the zigzag. That book sounds great and it will be so helpful and interesting to learn about the history of autism.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some good stuff going! Your scarf color combinations are really fun, I imagine it's a good knit. I haven't read Virginia Woolf in so long. Hm, maybe a New Year read. Right now, it's just some basic thrillers for me, a little Science Fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the scarf. The colors are beautiful together. Interesting, I have read a little of Virginia Woolf lately. I think I finally have grown up enough - 66 - to appreciate it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Zick Zack! What is the yarn? Sorry about the tinking! That looks like a very interesting book; I just finished Y Is for Yesterday by Sue Grafton and am in the middle of When in French and learning a lot about English and language learning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made one zick zack and when I tried to make another I just kept making mistakes, my count was off. As for Autism and anyone that is considered different, well no one has been treated right and apparently still aren't. I have an 11 year old patient with significant Autism, I adore her. She is so wonderful and beautiful, inside and out. Our progress is slow but she has gradually let me into her world and for that I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your zick zack is gorgeous - fabulous colors in it and they are playing so well together. It will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made a zickzack scarf last year! It did take a long time to do, but I love it! and I want to get started on another one soon. I found I missed knitting it once I was done. Yours is looking good!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete