Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Unravelled Wednesday

Just a quick hello during a hectic week. I've found myself picking up my cross stitch a lot. It's very relaxing and easy to do a little bit at a time.
I don't have a photo of the hat I was working on last week, but I've made a lot of progress on it, thanks to the second season of Stranger Things. I don't usually like horror stories, but this Netflix series has hooked me. A lot of my students like it, too, so it's been a big topic of conversation.

As for reading, I'm still working my way through Virginia Woolf's The Voyage Out. It is slow, but I'm liking it.

And another picture of Kola. She likes to sit on the stove after we've boiled water for coffee. She even seems to know when it's cool enough not to hurt her.
To answer some questions about Cat TV: We use You Tube videos on our television. They like both realistic videos and others that look like old video games.

Joining up with Kat for Unravelled Wednesday.

14 comments:

  1. That's a brave cat...your cross stitch is lovely.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this second season of Stranger Things too! I don't know how you can stitch to it. I can barely get a stitch knit while I am watching. I love that cross stitch pattern. It looks like so much fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave cat but glad she is able to judge the temperature correctly. Cross stitch is pretty, it is a relaxing hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching! Hope the week keeps rolling smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kola has such fantastic big ears! What a cutie (and so brave). Lovely stitching, as ever. I need to get back in the swing of making things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will laugh at this, but my kids put Netflix on for their dogs. I am like, wow - all that streaming! But, they LOVE the animal shows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching project is intriguing: I love seeing the design emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb

    I'd love to give a cross stitch to my pal Abby . Is this a Hebrew design? Where did you get it? Please

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your cross stitch so far, it looks lovely. I am really getting into Stranger Things too! my boyfriend and I started watching last week and we are now on episode 6. It is so addicting, I always feel like watching another episode right after so we watch two each time. Aw your cat is so cute, that is good she knows when it won't hurt her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kola is so darling! Tyg used to try to get up on our stove, but he didn't seem to pay attention to whether it was hot or not. Yikes! The colors in your cross stitch are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely stitching and my what an adventurous cat! I'm glad she is a smart cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are about the hundredth person who I know who likes Stranger Things, I need to give it a go. Here is to a more restful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cross stitch is gorgeous and what a clever cat to judge the temperature. Everybody is talking about stranger things - I'm going to have to work out how to stay up and watch it rather than falling asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I need to get back to X-stitch! Your kitty is very cute and smart, too.

    ReplyDelete