Wednesday, April 26, 2017

New Season, New Project

Yes, I'll use pretty much anything as an excuse to cast on. I am indeed shameless!
My friend Ilana is pregnant with her second baby. Ilana's mom, Lisa, told me that hats would be appreciated. Here's the funny thing: I met Lisa in Lamaze when I was pregnant with Seth, so I've known Ilana since she was a pre-born! It makes knitting for her extra special.

Today it rained and rained, which was fine because I had a ton of work to do. But yesterday was gorgeous, so I came home on time and found Naji enjoying porch weather:
Or was he keeping an eye on Daddy in case Keith forgot about dinner?

I appreciate a husband who weeds!



11 comments:

  1. That hat is going to be adorable. Congratulations to Ilana. Isn't she lucky to have a friend that knits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cook that you knew Ilana pre-birth! Extra special. And a fun hat!! I hate weeding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute hat! And a husband who weeds... what a keeper. I'm so happy that spring is here. We're moving house (again!!!) and I can't wait to get started on the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children's hats are getting cuter and cuter. That pattern looks like a delightful knit project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate a husband who weeds too! !!!! It is Fireman's putter work in the summer spring and fall. That baby hat is too cute. I think I'll put it in my queue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cute project. It's been so rainy here that weeding/raking just hasn't happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat looks sweet. I love cats, the things they do are so funny. You're probably right about puss, they always keep an eye out for food time. My cat always tries to 'take you' to his food cupboard - often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your husband is a keeper :) I love that you are knitting for a baby, super fast knitting and instant gratification!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing your dear husband being industrious in your garden made me realize we are living in different climates. I keep looking at your soil and marveling that it is not mud like ours is because of the April showers that bully our sunshine away so our soil can not dry out. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy knitting for your special friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weeding husbands are true gems! And, I love the kitty keep an eye on him!

    ReplyDelete