Saturday, April 22, 2017

Finally Spring

I swear winter gets longer every year. Or does it just feel that way?
But spring is here, the end of the school year is on the horizon, and I'm still working on my Summer Camp shawl.
The shawl at the point were it's just miles and miles of garter stitch. I got through some of it by listening to S Town, the new podcast spinoff from This American Life. It seemed a bit slow at first, but hang in there. The plot thickens and it draws you in.
I can hardly stand to put down my Year of Stitches project. I'm not sure if it's wild and beautiful or a total mess -- and I'm not sure that I care. It's just fun to make it up as I go.

I hope that the weather wherever you are is sunny and beautiful, especially if you are marching today!

12 comments:

  1. Love your stitching colours, very bright and cheerful. I too can't quite believe we're in the run down to end of school year for the teens. The year is whizzing by too fast. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wild and VERY wonderful! I love all those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That embroidery is glorious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing stitching on your Year of Stitches project!

    I enjoyed listening to the S Town podcast. It made me reflect on how quickly I judge people by their actions and not see the total person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun stitching and knitting. I know that here it got hot really fast, but everywhere is different I guess. Enjoy spring while it's here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Year of Stitches piece is a joy to view! I think Spring is slower to come to your part of the country than ours, but this Spring seems cooler than usual to me, here. I am ready for our April showers to give way to more sunshine :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's still cool and mostly rainy here, but that hasn't stopped the flowers from blooming! LOVE you stitching; the colors are fantastic, too! Now I need to look up your shawl pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh you are so good at colors and creating, that embroidery is Gorgeous!! I laughed when I read your intro because I don't think winter lasts long enough....I'm hiding and ducking now that I said that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching! Stunning! Oh.my.gosh! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love what you have done/are doing with your stitching. It IS wild and beautiful...gorgeous...amazing...it makes me smile. And, you shawl is not too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why you wouldn't want to put that project down. It's just getting more and more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to see the daffodil-I don't have them here and I miss them!
    The wild embroidery is gorgeous and makes me want to sit right down and stitch next to you; what fun!

    ReplyDelete