Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Quiet Weekend

It was a quiet weekend, largely because I was just too tired for it to be a busy one. These first two weeks of the semester were crazy, at least for me -- and I didn't see that coming. I thought it would be hard to move from middle school to high school -- and reality has not proven me wrong.

I did have one commitment: I had invited some friends for brunch, so I had to muster up enough energy to do some cooking. I made a quiche and a coffee cake; Keith was kind enough to make a fruit salad. It turned out to be great fun, but I was exhausted after everyone left.
I did knock off a fair number of rows on my second Trimont Snood. This time, I put seed stitch along the bottom, where the pattern calls for stockinette. I like the original design, but I thought I'd like it even better without the curl along the bottom. It was the perfect mindless knit for socializing.

I apologize for the fact that I haven't been able to keep up with all your posts. Work seems to be sucking up all my energy. I hope that things will settle down as we move into the semester.

13 comments:

  1. I'm just 2 days into my 2nd semester and it looks like it'll be a better group than the first, thank goodness. Fingers crossed! Brunch sounds fun, maybe I should plan something soon too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quiche looks amazing! I hope things calm down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your seedstitch edging! I don't like curling up at the edges. Don't worry about keeping up - we like to visit you no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just rest up and knit, don't worry about any of us. Hope yo have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it easy, rest and knit and relax!! Your brunch dishes look wonderful. I really don't like doing seed stitch, but I do love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy yours posts no matter WHEN the come along. Be kind to yourself and if the blogging has to wait ...........that's okay. Blogging should never feel like a chore.

    That coffee cake and quiche sure look good and your husband knocks out a pretty fruit salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second the "be kind to yourself and if the blogging has to wait, that is okay"

    I am here, and happy that you are too. Sending you love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you will be feeling more yourself again very soon. Take care of yourself in the meantime and enjoy some quiet time with your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you positive vibes for smooth sailing. Anything new is a challenge at first, and high school has its own rhythms. Your brunch looks delicious, and that light blue for the snood is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the snood color and your altering the pattern. GOod idea. DOnt worry that you cannot get to our blogs to comment. I understand!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Work tends to suck energy, especially when that work is in the teaching field. Believe me, I know.

    Lovely lovely food choices, I miss making quiche at my food job - they were always so fluffy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the seed stitch is fantastic! I think that quiche and coffee cake for brunch is a perfect combination. The fruit salad is the perfect addition! Lovely. I'm glad you were able to find a little extra energy for it since it seems like a good time. You teachers need your rest though. I'm ever impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad that you were able to host the luncheon for your friends. I know they appreciated the gathering, he conversation, and your delicious food.

    How well I remember the exhausting days of teaching and the seemingly endless piles of papers to grade and lessons to plan. Be kind to yourself and take a break ever so often.

    ReplyDelete