Sunday, September 4, 2016

It's a Lovely Weekend

 It is a picture-perfect weekend here, which is especially nice on a holiday weekend. It's really too bad that we have a three day weekend after two days of school. The year is off to a great start so I certainly didn't need a break!

 I snapped this photo of a compass flower on a bike ride yesterday.
 I have finished the knitting part of Arika. It's hard to believe it is going to turn into this.  It's all in the blocking!
 Today we are going to take my dad to Chicago for a family gathering. Sadly my mom has the flu, so she won't be joining us. Here's my contribution:
I hope the weekend is a lovely one for all of you!

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe it will stretch and block out like that. Can't wait to see it.
    yes lets set an Oct meet up date if we can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blocking is magical!! Have fun and I hope your mom feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor mom....but oh, my those do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the rest of your school year is just as good as the first two days. Hope your mom is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought it was weird when we had several days of school and then the Labor Day break. I'm glad your school year is starting out positively anyway, though. Arika is beautiful, but it is amazing at the stage you are in with her to think that blocking will liberate her to her final glory :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a fantastic weekend here as well! And, I just love the magic of blocking! Best part of knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't blocking great? It works like magic. Sorry your mom can't make the Chicago trip; we're headed that way soon, too. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect weekend, hope your mum feels better soon. Blocking is magic isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see that beauty blocked!

    Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knitting is miraculous in so many ways!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a lovely weekend ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete