Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Impulse Purchase

It's confession time. I few weeks ago, my friend Marsha dragged me (kicking and screaming, really!) in The Knitting Tree, a LYS, because the store was having a sale before moving up the block. The first thing I saw when I walked in the door was this new Madelinetosh colorway:

It's called Holi Festival, but I would call it Spun Sugar. There is something so yummy about it. And before I left the store, I knew what I was going to do with it: Make the cowl that one of the salespeople was wearing. It's called the Jet Set Cowl, and you can see it here.

Paulina Popiolek is the designer. I had never heard of her before, but she has some amazing designs. Check out the Ho'okipa Shawl. Not only is it gorgeous, but it's named after one of my favorite beaches in the world. (It's on the north coast of Maui).

Check out what everyone is knitting at Ginny's blog.

6 comments:

  1. beautiful....but, really----can you ever go wrong with Madtosh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous color. I can see why you couldn't resist!

    BTW --- I usually answer blog comments through email. Would you have an email address for you that you wouldn't mind me using. I promise not to SPAM you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just have to splurge a bit, and that yarn was worth it. It will look lovely in that cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a Madelinetosh colorway that looks like that before, interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you had to have that yarn, really sale yarn doesn't count towards adding to your stash.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a pretty pretty Colorway! the cowl is perfect for it

    ReplyDelete