Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Not Too Exciting

All I have for you is another pretty dull photo of my second "28's Cousin 57!" For once, I'm doing pretty monogamous knitting on two projects that are mostly garter stitch. Still loving the yarn, which is from Neighborhood Fiber Co. Karida Collins started dying yarn in a basement apartment in Washington, D.C., and has since relocated to an artists' community in Baltimore, Md. Her colors are nothing short of scrumptious. I wish I knit faster so I could buy more of them.

There is a reason for such mindless knitting: My graduate class on teaching writing started Monday, and it is amazing. Intellectually stimulating, challenging, fun, thought-provoking. There are 15 students in the class -- all teachers in one form or another -- and every single one of them is smart and creative. I'll share more about the class in the coming weeks, as all of us bloggers are also writers. Let me add that the class is also exhausting. We meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily and there is ton of homework!

This is also the reason that I'm behind on my commenting, so please accept my apologies. I'm planning to catch up after school today and tomorrow!

Don't forget to see what everyone else is up to with Tami Amis.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool class, and I'm loving that color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous yarn ... take your time and enjoy every stitch of it :) I'm feeling all kinds of yarn buying temptation these days. I just ordered a whack of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for a baby blanket so I'm trying to tell myself to finish that first before looking at more yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the prettiest yarn i've seen in a long time!!! LOve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy week can just do you in! Have fun in your class, your knitting is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that green . OH my . . THat is the perfect green

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn is really beautiful. I love the depth of color it already looks nicely textured in your pattern. I know you are very busy with your class 9 - 4! eegads, at least you are really enjoying it, even if it's labor intensive, but don't forget to PM me your mailing address on ravelry so I can send your prize!

    ReplyDelete