Sunday, July 20, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

As of today, my parents have been married for 56 years. Pretty amazing. If Keith and I are married for that long, we will celebrate in the year 2070, when I will be 111 years old. Hmm. I'm not sure that we'll get that far!

My parents took us out for dinner last night to celebrate at one of Madison's very nicest restaurants, L'Etoile, and we had a great time. The food really was good. Even Keith enjoyed it -- and he's the kind of guy who prefers low prices/big servings to high prices/small servings. We all left quite full.

Here's a glimpse. For dessert I had a giant marshmallow truffle with chocolate pudding.
Feel free to drool. It really was amazing.

Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad!


8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Sounds like a lovely family celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost too beautiful to eat ......you'll notice I said *almost*. LOL

    Congratulations to your parents! What a wonderful milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVen your coffee looks amazing! Big congrats to your folks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your parents! Wow!

    Your dessert looks not only delicious, but beautiful. I've only been to L'Etoile once and we went on Valentine's Day, which was a mistake. Will have to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 57 years! wow that is impressive - congratulations to them... and I'm not jealous at all of that amazing looking dessert!!
    (so so jealous!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations to your parents, indeed! I'm so glad you got to celebrate and enjoy such a delicious meal. Your dessert looks fantastic and creamy, dreamy good!

    ps: I still don't have your contact info to send you your prize. I sent you a message on ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely for hem! My parents fell shy of 68 years, my Mom passed away 6 weeks before their anniversary.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous looking dessert, and I'll bet it tasted as great as it looks. Congrats to your folks; that's a true milestone.

    ReplyDelete