Friday, July 25, 2014

FO Friday: Ojo de Dios

Tah-dah: The Ojo de Dios Shawl is complete!

And yes, it is beautiful, but the pattern has a design flaw. It looks great from behind, quite dramatic, but it doesn't hang well in the front. The way it was modeled for pattern should have given me a hint of that problem.

Some knitters reported that they found this to be an easy pattern on Ravelry. I struggled with the triangles -- maybe that's just me.  The yarn -- Plymouth Gina -- is affordable and beautiful, and comes in lots of lovely colorways.

I haven't blocked it yet, so I'm hoping it will grow some so that it is more of winter shawl.

If you like this pattern, make sure you read all the comments on Ravelry before you take the plunge!

And thanks to those of you who let me know that Tami Amis is updating her yarn shop. That would imply that she is fine but busy.


10 comments:

  1. Love your color choice. Thanks for the "read everything on Ravelry" tip as those are usually very helpful. Hope blocking does the job for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is lovely from behind :) I've learned to be suspicious of patterns when the models are dramatically posed .... Those poses often seem to hide things like poorly fitted shoulders or necklines. Most days it's notes from fellow Ravelers that save me from frustrating pattern choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read the comments ---- now I know I should. Thanks for the tip.

    Your shawl looks lovely AND I think you will be surprised how big it will block out. Don't forget the "after blocking" shots. :-) Congrats on the big finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look beautiful from the back, hope the blocking makes you happy. The yarn you used is perfect for it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! That's a gorgeous colorway. Blocking always helps smooth things out. I hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to your daughter in Miami. There are some beautiful beaches down there. Is she going down for a job or going to school there? Hope she has a great move. :-)
    dkissinger(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful!! I hope that it blocks the way you want it too (be aggressive!). Sometimes I fold up disappointing knits and look at them at a later time and feel lest invested in them and end up liking them :) I do think it is quite gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH darn. I don't like when that happens. It is lovely from the back Caffeine Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a very tricky knit to me - especially those triangles! I hope it blocks well so that you can get winter wear out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the colors are outstanding!!! Everyone will be looking at the colors and not the 'design flaw'!

    ReplyDelete