Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Longing for Easy Lace

I have been working steadily on a shawl and a scarf, but a few days ago I got a hankering for lace socks. I didn't want to get into anything too complicated because my class is pretty demanding. So I launched into this sock and my needles are just flying:

The pattern is Dragonfly Socks. I read about it recently on Pixelknit's blog. Her finished pair is so pretty that I wanted some on my needles. It is a fun easy pattern. I am making one mod: I'm doing a heel flap. The pattern calls for a short-row heel, but I'd just as soon stay with the tried and true.

Does anyone know what happened to Tami Amis? She hasn't posted since early July and I'm getting worried!

6 comments:

  1. I made a pair of dragonflies - it's a really cute pattern. Your gonna love 'em.

    As for Tami, she posted a shop update at Candy Skein Yarn on July 22nd, so perhaps she's just been too busy to blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sock, great colors.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks the colour combination is a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your socks. LOVE LOVE LOVe them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yarn you've chosen for your socks! Isn't Dragonfly a great pattern? I want to knit another pair soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee introduced me to Dragonfly. That's a fun pattern, and your yarn is terrific! Just got some yarn from Tami, so she must just be very busy. BTW, I found her yarn through you!

    ReplyDelete