Wednesday, June 18, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Onto The Third Sock

Before I go into knitting I have to say that it is 7:30 a.m. here and as dark as night. Heavy storms are predicted. We had a number of tornadoes touch down about 36 hours ago, some just a few miles from our house. Climate change: What's not to like? I'm wondering if I should build a cellar to protect my stash and favorite knitted items.

In the meantime, I'm working on this
This sock has a 2x2 rib on the cuff so it will match with the sock on the right in this photo:

Some of you may remember that it wasn't until I finished this "pair" that I noticed that the cuffs did not match. I am not a knitting perfectionist, but this was too much of a flaw for me So I ordered another skein of the yarn and am working away at sock number 3, which will be followed by 2 number 4.

I love Opal yarn. I love these colors, but I am getting a little tired of them!

Go on over to Tami Amis' blog to see what everyone else is working on.

12 comments:

  1. Oh no! Well, that would have bugged me too much too! I'm not sure I have the endurance to knit another pair in the exact same color though! Impressive! Scary about the storms ... thinking good thoughts for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! At least that's a really fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, that's dedication! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the Verona tornadoes did not harm you. Sorry about the sock mismatch. I'd have left them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great color way! Love the random addition of the neon green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay safe! I'd let that sock cuff go but then I don't make socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like matchy socks so would have done the same. I love the colours, I've never tried Opal before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Opal's one of my favorites, but kudos to you for taking the hard choice! At least you like the color. (So do I!) Glad the tornados passed you by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I've frogged a finished sock when i found a mistake. Sometimes I wish I couldn't see quite so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely combo of colors. Love the look of they create.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that you are safe and sound with all the bad weather. It sounds like perfect knitting weather. I wouldn't have noticed the rib if you hadn't pointed it out. But now you'll have two lovely pairs of socks.
    Stay warm and dry.
    debx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the rest of the storm passed without any damage - I'd never experienced real storms before moving to the states and wow was I surprised when we had a big one with tornado watches a few weeks back - super scary! I'm like you.....that cuff would have annoyed me forever if I hadn't made matching pairs :)

    ReplyDelete