Friday, June 27, 2014

FO Friday: Pretty in Pink

This has to be the slowest pair of plain vanilla socks ever. It's not in my Ravelry project list, so I may have started these as long ago as 2009. Or I just never entered the project.

At any rate, they are done now and I am quite happy with them. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Sock Stripe Flamingo. It's still available, and I have to say that it both looks and feels wonderful.

These are destined to be a Hanukkah gift, but I'm not saying who the recipient will be -- even though I don't think she reads this. You just never know!

8 comments:

  1. I think I have some flamingo in my stash! LOL

    They turned out great! Thanks for showing me what my socks "could" look like, if only I would knit faster! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, I love the color. I think the recipient is going to love them.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. IM in love with pink right now. LOVE the socks. .Great gift to be given

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely, but Vanilla Socks are so deadly boring to knit that it's not surprising there was little motivation to get them done. And way to go on getting some gift knitting done ahead of schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those socks! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow knits are a way of life for me. I'm hoping one day that will change, maybe when I retire? meh. I enjoy it. But I love your socks. I was admiring the colorway, but when I read Flamingo, I slapped my forehead, but of course it's Flamingo. Like Kathy, I too want a pair of pink socks. I just frogged a pair that were making me ... think. I'm taking back to the drawing board this weekend. I think I'll take a crack at that Hermione pattern all the yarn kids are crazy about.

    ReplyDelete