Wednesday, June 25, 2014

WIP Wednesday: I'm Blaming the Yarn

Who could resist this ball of yummy, scrumptiousness?

Certainly not I. So I cast on a 28's Cousin 53! even though I haven't finished anything -- and I swore I was going to do more binding-off than casting-on this summer. Is my sin at all diminished by the fact that this is a gift?

This is the second time I've knit this pattern and I'm still enjoying it. It is a super-simple pattern, perfect for TV watching or socializing. The simplicity is perfect for showing off great yarn.

It's another gray day here, so I'm glad I took advantage of yesterday's sunshine to pack up my work and take it on the road. I sipped on some bubble tea while I did the reading for my graduate class this summer. On my way home, I stopped to enjoy the beauty of boats along Lake Mendota.

 See what everyone else is up to with Tami Amis.

11 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous colour. It looks like you have been having some beautiful weather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, both the yarn and the photos! Now I need to go check out that pattern! Ha, it was in my Rav. library already.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fab colour I wouldn't have been able to resist it either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the prettiest color of blue! I can see why you couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is gorgeous and looks lovely in garter stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it is gift yarn it does not count, have fun.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are definitely right.....how could you resist that yarn???? nice choice of patterns to show it off, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always am in awe of the things you create. I still remember when my friend tried to teach me to knit... it was not pretty hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new yarn; no wonder you were seduced

    ReplyDelete