Sunday, August 25, 2013

Knitting Deadline

Let me start by saying that I have already missed the deadline. The little boy who will be receiving the blanket has already made his entrance.

Still, I'm close to the end. I've just begun picking up stitches for the border. Yes, it is a little crooked; apparently I picked up too many stitches on one square. Oh well. I think a little boy will not mind at all.

The mom is a coworker who I just adore. I'm even forgiving her for taking time off work!

It's a Log Cabin-style blanket that I just made up as I went. The yarn is Lion Brand Jiffy. I like it for baby blankets because it wears like steel, can be washed and dried by machine, and makes a nice puffy surface to lay a baby on.

I can't wait to finish it so I can go over my friend's house and meet Cole!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely blanket, I know he will just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the colors you've chosen! Congrats to your coworker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's got personality! I'm sure he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it , the colours are wonderful !

    ReplyDelete