Monday, August 5, 2013

Bomb This Library ... With Yarn

 I walked into my local library the other day and saw this:

Is this cool or what?

The sign explains that the book car twas yarnbombed by students, staff, and volunteers at West High School. I am so jealous that they have such a cool club. We've tried knitting clubs at our school, but middle-schoolers need a lot of help, and it's hard to find enough adults.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be doing any clubs this year. In the wake of the wage cuts we teachers have suffered, our work load is going to increase this fall. It's really sad because clubs are a great way to build relationships!

On the upside, I am planning a lot of fun and (I hope) educational activities for the new reading class I'll be teaching.

Yes, summer is almost over.

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable. I wish my community recognized knitters more. Sorry to hear there won't be any clubs in your future, they really are great. I hope you school year starts off well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing!

    Wouldn't it be fun if you asked all your blog readers to knit a bookmark for each of your students? That way the kids could experience a bit of what knitting is all about. I'll even volunteer to knit the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Deborah,
    How about on my next post, I invite knitters to make some bookmarks for your students? Would that be ok with you? If so, please let me know how many you will need. Then I'll get them all mailed off to you.

    ReplyDelete