Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Same Yarn; Different Socks

I just started this sock with Regia Nautica. It has looked a felt to me like a sport weight, but it's sold in the sock section of my LYS and I couldn't interpret the diagram on the ball band because it's teeny tiny and uses cm, not stitches or inches. Anyway, I just looked it up on Ravelry and it is a sport-weight!

That would explain why the first socks I knit with it are so thick!

I do like it. The colors are gorgeous and the tweediness is very rustic and pretty. It is splitty, though, I  would not use it on anything that would require much frogging.

The pattern is Spring Forward from Knitty. It's an odd choice, now that I know I'm knitting a winter sock, but it is really pretty.

Teaser: I have an FO for Friday made out of the same yarn.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely yarn. I hope the sport weight works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sport weight socks in the winter - so toasty warm! They're gonna be gorgeous for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love knitting socks of sport weight. They are going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete