Monday, July 8, 2013

Mistake Monday

Over all, my Garland Shawl is coming along beautifully.

However, somehow, in the middle of a super-easy garter stitch, I made a big mistake. I thought about frogging and reknitting, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. Instead, I decided it was time for me to learn how to knit to the point of the problem and fix it with a crochet hook.


Clearly, I don't understand this procedure:


If this were a gift, I would have ripped back and reknit. But I know that I want to keep this and I decided I could live with this sloppy fix.

Does anyone else choose to live with visible errors?

3 comments:

  1. Somewhere I read that Elizabeth Zimmerman intentionally placed an error in her knitting just to remind herself that she was human.

    I think that visible errors are totally allowed! I used to always tell my knitting customers that it's their knitting and they can do absolutely anything they want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the green. I'm with you -- sometimes I'm fine with little mistakes. They add a certain handmade charm, and mostly no one will ever notice them. If I know something will make me nuts, though, I do rip back and redo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every project I make has an error, some visible (more often than not) and some not. I usually just live with it because it makes it unique. However, I do get annoyed with that ONE stitch that is different among a field of something else. haha. I think your's looks fine.

    ReplyDelete