Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Travel Knitting

 Now for the truly important issue from my trip to Madrid: What did I knit?

These are a present for my friend Debbie, who has a birthday tomorrow. Unfortunately she had to fly to the East Coast for a funeral, so I won't be able to give these to her on the actual day.

The pattern is Spring Forward, free on Knitty. It is a great travel pattern because it's simple enough to memorize but not boring. I'm sure I'll make it again. The yarn is a mystery skein from my stash. I have no idea what it is or where it came from. It definitely is a high-quality merino sock yarn. It rates high on the squishy scale.

I should have got more knitting done on my trip, but I kept making mistakes and ending up spending as much time tinking as I did knitting!

4 comments:

  1. That's a very detailed pattern considering it was a travel project. But they are still very very pretty! And they do look squishy. No matter when she gets them, she will LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks are just beautiful , wonderful colour , perfect choice for the pattern ! I'm sure she'll love them .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your photos of Madrid and hope that you'll share more of them. Socks are such a great travel project and yours are gorgeous. I finally realized that when I'm on any trip, it isn't that I need to have a project with me, but rather to have my knitting with me just for comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out beautifully! I hope your friend had a happy birthday and enjoyed her new socks.

    ReplyDelete