Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm (A Little Bit) Famous

A while ago I mentioned that some of my work was going to be published in a crafting magazine that I really respect. Without further ado:
The clothes are from thrift stores and the embroidery is all my own original designs. I don't think I could have been so brave with brand-new clothes! I really enjoyed the freedom of embroidering on a surface I didn't have to worry about ruining. I put in the outline first and filled in without much planning.

There is nothing fancy about the embroidery. I use DMC brand embroidery floss, which comes in the most beautiful colors. I did consult a lot of books for interesting stitches to incorporate.

I did most of the work last summer, and strangely I haven't done any embroidery since. I have some ideas, but haven't had the time to plan a project.
I've been drawing the dancing ladies for years, but wasn't sure where they were going to end up.
Oh -- I almost forgot -- here's the magazine:
It is on newsstands now!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! It all looks great. You're ALOT famous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cool! I will try and hit the bookstore tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's very exciting! I especially like the cup and mug designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am SO thrilled for you and love your designs!

    ReplyDelete